Thursday, April 2, 2009

Honey-Jalepeno Chicken with Udon Noodles


Holy deliciousness, Batman.


I sort of went out on a limb with this recipe

because this is not something I would usually care

to try and make on my own but it was under the "Quick and Easy"

section on foodnetwork.com and the reviews were ALL positive

so I thought, "what the hey!"


So glad I did! I made a few changes because my

local grocery store didn't carry soba noodles like the recipe

calls for. I substitued Udo Noodles and I honestly can't imagine

doing it any differently.


I will be making this again, and next time I will most likely double the sauce

because I like it SAUCEY!


Honey Jalepeno Chicken with Soba Noodles

courtesy Robin Miller


Ingredients


12 ounces soba noodles
1 jalapeno, seeds removed
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded or sliced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/4 cup chopped scallions, green part only
2 tablespoons pickled ginger, minced


Directions


Cook soba noodles according to package directions.

Drain and set aside (or refrigerate until later in the week).
In a blender or food processor, combine jalapenos, honey, cilantro,

and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper and puree until smooth.

Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture until desired consistency

is achieved. Pour the 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a preheated skillet.


Add the shredded chicken and the blended sauce and cook until

heated through. In a medium bowl, combine cooked soba noodles,

soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions, and pickled ginger.

Toss and then transfer to serving bowl.

Pour heated chicken and sauce over noodles.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Monica Crumley said...

That does sound yummy! I posted the photos of our little ones on my blog www.monicacrumley.blogspot.com Gabby's a doll!

Kele said...

Hey girl! Wanted you to know I came by to get this recipe from you last week, made it yesterday, doubled the sauce like you suggested and can I just say YUM!!
Making your Chicken Brushetta next week!! Thanks!